Taco Tater Casserole is a complete crowd pleaser. It just is. Our families always always always eat the whole entire pan in one sitting. None left. Always. We are so glad to have this extra tasty recipe as a real thing that exists in our food lives.
With that being said – please don’t waste one more second of life without this. Go on now. It’s Taco Tater Casserole time. Always.
- 1 bag of frozen tater tots (32oz - we used gluten free)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray
- Brown meat in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Once the meat is fully cooked, add in taco seasoning and salt/pepper to taste
- Place half of the tater tots, taco meat and cheese to prepared dish
- Season with salt and pepper then add the remaining tater tots, meat and cheese
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired, then place uncovered in the oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tater tots are golden brown