Perfectly fluffy, naturally sweetened blueberry muffins are the best way to start a perfect weekend. And of course, a hot cup of coffee with cream on the side.
The perfect weekend should also include a solid workout, a nice long nap, maybe a little bit of shopping, and a nice dinner out on the town. That sounds so nice right? Too bad most of that is wishful thinking with a toddler in the house. Except the muffin and coffee part. We can definitely make those happen.
So let’s talk about those perfect blueberry muffins a little more. They happen to be gluten-free, but I pinky promise no one will ever know the difference. Since we used a combination of almond flour + oat flour, they are just as fluffy and moist as bakery style muffins. They are delicious fresh out of the oven. And they are delicious after they cool off.
And the thing we love most about these muffins is how completely guilt-free they are. Since these delicious little things are naturally sweetened with applesauce, a touch of honey and, you guessed it – blueberries, you don’t have to worry if the entire batch is gone in less than one day. No regrets friends.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 ½ cups oat flour (or put oats in the blender)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons honey (or agave)
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375(F) degrees and prepare a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Place all of the liquid ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Combine the blended liquids into the dry ingredients then stir in blueberries. Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are light golden brown.