Here is a little Chew Chocolate Chip Granola to start your morning off right. Take a good look at this deliciousness because it never lasts long. The recipe is quick and easy so it doesn’t take much effort to fill your granola jar with a fresh batch of this. But is somehow tends to disappear just as quickly as it comes around.
This really truly is a powerhouse recipe. As in a simple + delicious combination of oats, slivered almonds, coconut oil and pure golden honey. The directions are pretty much just mixing a few tasty things together in a bowl then baking it. It is that simple.
And its adaptable. If you are fresh out of pumpkin seeds, use sunflower seeds. If you are out of honey, use agave or maple syrup. This is one time when swapping in and/or out ingredients is perfectly acceptable.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Gluten Free
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350(F) degrees and prepare a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flaxseed, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, sugar, and cinnamon. Combine the coconut oil, almond butter, honey, and vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir the mixture until the oil and almond butter melt into a sauce.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and stir into oat mixture until evenly combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and use a spoon to smooth out the top and corners. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until slightly brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
ok, this is the second fabulous recipe I’ve seen today using coconut oil. . I need to get some ASAP so I can make this!!! in fact, that’s the only thing from the recipe card above that I don’t have! love love love this!! this is what I want for breakfast . . tomorrow!!!
Definitely! =) I love to use it for an added nutrition boost!
Wow! Looks amazing!!
I think you are going to LOVE it =)
Claudia @Breakfast Drama Queen says
Oooh, this looks and sounds Amazing! I love granola on top of oatmeal 🙂
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
It’s a rule in my household to always have a batch of home-made granola on hand… so this is a perfect recipe for me to make. Thanks for sharing it!
Totally agree! Hope you enjoy =)