This is the recipe you have all been waiting for. The best-ever ultimate combination of Puerto Rican Rice + Beans!
Of course you don’t have to mix the two together, but these beans really do pair perfectly with rice. And it makes a perfectly balanced meal that is both healthy and satisfying.
Best of all, you can eat it plain or top it off with other nutritional goodness. The kids love this topped off with some diced avocado and tomato.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 cans organic pinto or black beans (15 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- sea salt +black pepper
- Optional: stir in 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, salsa, and garlic then saute for about 2-3 minutes. Add beans and remaining seasonings.
- Lower to medium heat and let everything simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Add rice if desired, then let cool for a few minutes before serving.