Who would have ever thought that swirling a teaspoon of jelly into each little muffin whole would make such a big difference. Honestly. Why in the heck have we not thought of this before? These are ridiculous amounts of yummy. And before we go any further, if you are a strict Paleo (you know, one of those paleo peeps that will not even walk by the peanut butter aisle at the grocery store) then fear no more. We actually made these muffins with ALMOND BUTTER.
I know I know. Shame on us. The title of our recipe is a total fake out. It is a fraud. A scam. But you must admit, Almond Butter and Jelly just does not have the same flow… Peanut. Peanut Butter. AND JELLY! You can honestly use whatever kind of nut butter you want. Peanut Butter. Almond Butter. Cashew Nut Butter (now there’s an awkward mouthful for ya!) As long as you swirl a little of the sweet stuff on top its all the same right?
Speaking of sweet stuff. It is actually kind of funny because we have not been eating many sweets the last six weeks we have been focused on cleaning up our cooking department. So even a teeny tiny teaspoon of sugar free jelly tastes extra super swirled into these muffins. Makes us feel like rebels. Rebels without a cause. And even better, since there is zero added sugars in these delicious muffins, we feel like extra amazing moms feeding these too our kiddos. Now that is ridiculous amounts of awesome!!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (agave works too!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Jelly or jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Mix all of the ingredients (except jelly) in a large mixing bowl until well combined
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan
- Swirl 1 teaspoon of jelly into the top of each uncooked muffin
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until fully cooked and the top is golden brown