This Slow Cooker Chili Mac is our new go-to dinner recipe for a couple of reasons. The obvious factor is the whole slow cooker thing means dinner can practically make itself. You just need to toss a few ingredients in the crockpot and come home to a fully prepared dinner.
Secondly, we decided to swap out the beans for those of you with picky eaters. Of course you can swap the beans back in if you want. Whatever floats your boat is fine by us. Either way, this is absolutely the best recipe for Slow Cooker Chili Mac. It is one of the few meals our families never ever roll their eyes about!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef (or chicken/turkey)
- 1 box (16oz) macaroni shells (we used gluten free)
- 3 cups organic tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 2 cups peeled and chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled and chopped zucchini
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain excess fat.
- Place cooked ground beef and onion into a slow cooker. Add macaroni, tomato sauce, zucchini, chili powder, onion powder, and salt/pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low-medium heat for about 8 hours. Stir well and serve immediately.