We are so excited to share this Honey Sesame Baked Chicken recipe with you! One bite and you are going to be hooked.
Let’s start this out by saying that this recipe is not only delicious, but it is also convenient. Especially on those nights when you need to make something quick and/or don’t feel like slaving over the stove. The chicken takes minimal effort to prepare. And the sauce is super simple to whip up.
The whole thing comes together in about half an hour yet tastes like a gourmet meal! Our families agree this tastes just as good, if not better than, carry-out. And don’t tell them, but it is much healthier too since there is no deep frying involved!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup almond meal (or panko crumbs)
- ⅓ cup honey, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400(F) degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add eggs and almond meal and mix into the chicken. Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic, soy sauce and Sriracha, if using. In another small bowl, combine cornstarch and ⅓ cup water then stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add baked chicken into the sauce and stir until even combined. Let cook for a few minutes then serve immediately.