Healthy Black Bean Casserole to the rescue!
This Healthy Black Bean Casserole is the best combination of a salad + casserole ever made. Now hear us out for a few minutes on this salad and casserole concept. There are a ton of veggies but no lettuce, a ton of flavor but no salad dressing and it’s thick and hearty but no condensed soup either. Sounds awesome right? If you are like most of us (ok, all of us) you have had problems getting your families to eat vegetables in the past, this casserole can help! It hides the stuff the kiddos don’t like and still delivers the goods so you can rest easy.
So the whole salad thing makes sense now right?
Because everyone knows salads are light and healthy and loaded with vegetables. Or maybe the whole casserole makes more sense? Because everyone knows casseroles are super simple, warm and cozy comfort foods. Lots of random things baked together in a pan of amazing flavor. Mm mm. All of that sounds about right.
In fact, this comfort food casserole is actually made with lots of plants and whole food ingredients. <Must. Eat. More. Plants.> So it is perfectly light and healthy and loaded with vegetables. But still warm and cozy comfort food like a casserole. Plus the whole thing is just bursting out the seams with flavor. Flavors that your little tastebuds are going to love something fierce.
This Healthy Black Bean Casserole is about to be your new family favorite.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (any kind works)
- 1 (15 oz) can black (or pinto) beans
- 2 cups frozen (or canned) sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup purple onion, diced
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- chopped cilantro (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees and prepare a 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray
- Add all ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving
Looking for more ways to get healthy meals on the table?
Here are some crock pot meals sure to please everyone, click on the image below or just follow us on Pinterest to see everything we’re sharing and cooking!Yum