This Mexican Bean and Rice recipe is quick and simple to make. It’s tasty and nutritious and will give you leftovers to reheat for the week.
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cans (15oz) organic pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¾ cup salsa (fresh or jarred works!)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt + black pepper
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and salsa then saute for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add spices into the skillet and stir until evenly combined. Add beans into the paste then reduce heat to low.
- Let the beans cook for about 15 minutes then add cooked rice. Stir everything together until evenly combined then serve immediately.
Keywords: Mexican Rice and Beans