Want to impress your guests this weekend while watching the game?? Bust out this upside down, deep dish pizza.
There isn’t much to it really (but no one has to know that). Enjoy!
- 3-4 organic sausage links, cooked and diced into small pieces.
- ½ cup nitrate free pepperoni
- 1½ cups Newman's marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 cup fresh spinach - chopped
- 1 can (13.8 oz.) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a 13x9 pan or a round pie pan with cooking spray
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally and drain if necessary.
- On pan, stir in pizza sauce, then pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, sausage links (sliced) and spinach, spread evenly.
- Unroll dough. Shape dough to fit over sausage mixture in pan. Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Use sharp knife to make several 1-inch slits in dough.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Wait 5 minutes to cool off then turn upside down unto a dish big enough to fit pizza
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese if desired.