With summer in full swing, I find myself wanting to maximize outdoor time: swimming, gardening, playing with the kids, and basically anything but cooking an elaborate dinner that requires a lot of time and energy. During our busy summer months, dinners have to be fast, healthy, and delicious. Grilled meats and salads are great most of the time, but can get pretty boring. I am so excited to share with you my latest summertime meal that is super fast (thanks to Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice), some quick cooking ground turkey, and fresh raw veggies all rolled up into crisp lettuce topped with a homemade peanut sauce. My kids are huge fans of anything that they get to assemble themselves. Tacos, broth bowls, salads, and pizzas all fit the bill quite nicely. I know that if I want everyone to eat their dinner, I have a better chance of clean plates if I let them choose what goes on those plates. That’s why these lettuce wraps were such a big hit tonight. I started with some lean ground turkey seasoned with liquid aminos (or you could use soy sauce), brown sugar, and rice wine vinegar. I always like to add a whole grain to dinners, so I used Success Boil-in-Bag whole grain brown rice. This rice is super easy, and super fast. In 10 minutes I had perfectly fluffy, tender rice that was perfect in the lettuce wraps. Next I chopped up a ton of fresh veggies, including red peppers, shredded carrots, cucumber, radicchio, fresh sugar peas, and romaine lettuce to wrap them in. At this point, I was only 10 or 15 minutes in to making dinner and it was pretty much done. I made a homemade spicy peanut dressing to drizzle on top of the wraps, and that was it. Dinner: done in 15 minutes or less. The beauty of this meal is that it can be served warm or room temp…or even cold the next day for a great leftover salad for lunch. A big reason that this meal was able to come together so quickly was that I used Success® Rice. I love brown rice, but it can be time consuming and doesn’t always come out great. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve cooked brown rice to package directions only to have it be under cooked. Super frustrating! Success rice comes in pouches already measured for you that you simply place in a pot of water, bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes. It’s perfect every time and takes all the frustration out of cooking rice. I love the fact that it is GMO free, 100% whole grain, and is a complex carbohydrate. Something I can definitely feel good about feeding my family. Additionally, Success Rice does not contain any additives or preservatives. Check them out at Success Rice for great recipe ideas and special offers; they have a Riceipe Club too with lots of great ideas. Give this recipe a try next time your short on time. It’s the perfect go-to meal for any hot summer night! Enjoy!
- I bag of Success Boil-in-Bag brown rice
- For Turkey:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- For Peanut dressing:
- 3 tbs liquid aminos
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tbs honey
- 1 tbs spicy mustard
- ½ tbs sriracha
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 4-6 large romaine leaves (or other lettuce for wraps)
- Assorted raw veggies for wraps (shredded carrots, peppers, peas, sprouts, etc.)
- Heat skillet to Med heat and add oil
- saute onion and garlic until tender
- saute turkey until cooked through, then add sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Cook Success boil-in-Bag rice according to package directions
- Combine peanut butter, liquid aminos, vinegar, mustard, honey, sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Assemble lettuce wraps. Top with peanut sauce. Enjoy!
What do you do to save time cooking during the summer?
Got any tips or time hacks for us? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/19/16 – 9/30/16
Be sure to visit the brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!