Hearty Vegetable Soup
Thick and Hearty Vegetable Soup has been on our list of recipes to-make for a while now because it is warm, satisfying, and loaded with flavor. Plus this soup is good old-fashion clean eating at its finest.
Healthy Vegetable Soup
It truly makes all of those nutrient-packed vegetables taste like the little champions they are. You are going to be so glad we finally shared this recipe! It makes a big enough batch there will be plenty of leftovers for lunch and/or dinner the next day. Having soup ready to go helps keep your clean eats right on track!
When making homemade soup, a great option is to use a soup blender to fully mix the ingredients. See our blender options for hot liquids.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
More Simple Healthy Soup Recipes
- 21 Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Favorite Lentil Soup
- Simple Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- Beef Bone Broth
- Simple Chicken Broth Bowl
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup chopped Onions
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups diced red potatoes (uncooked)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice (or rice of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups of kale, take out stems - chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt / black pepper (to taste)
- Place frozen mixed vegetables, onions, broth, celery, potatoes, tomatoes and garlic in Dutch oven (or large pot).
- Place on stove top and bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add kale, rice, basil, oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper (to taste). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- You can add broth or water depending on desired thickness.
- Serve immediately.