One of our co-workers told us about Taco Potatoes a few months ago and dinnertime has been way better ever since!
The base is always – spoiler alert – taco meat and potatoes. But then your choice of toppings are pretty much endless from there. Toppings like cheese, salsa, beans, olives, sour cream, guacamole, jalapenos, ketchup – ok wait, maybe not ketchup but you get the point. These taters are pretty diverse.
And most importantly, this is the kind of meal your whole family will agree on!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-6 small potatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400(F) degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Place potatoes on sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt + pepper. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, cook meat in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes or until browned. Add seasoning.
- When potatoes are done, carefully remove sheet from oven. Evenly divide prepared meat and toppings of choice over potatoes. Place sheet back in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.