Hello friends. We took these pictures a few weeks ago and held onto them. Not for selfish reasons. But because they are so super quick and easy that we weren’t sure if it should really be considered a recipe.
Easy or not, there are things in life like quick and simple Mexican meals that just make sense. You know. Things like refried beans and melted cheese perfectly packaged in a golden brown tortilla crust. We love to make these for a quick and balanced lunch. Enjoy!
Super Quick Cheesy Quesadillas
Author: Simple Green Moms
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 can of organic refried beans (15oz)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray then heat to medium high
- Layer tortilla with a spoonful of refried beans and a handful of shredded cheese
- Fold the tortilla in half and place in the hot skillet
- Let the quesadilla brown for 2-3 minutes on each side, just enough to melt the cheese and turn golden brown
- Remove the quesadilla from the skillet (and repeat for the rest of the tortillas)