The whole concept about using squash instead of ‘real’ spaghetti can be a little bit scary. A little bit difficult to wrap your head around. We have been there. Guilty as charged. But to be honest, it is just as delicious and satisfying!
Fresh out of the oven. Reheated leftovers. Reheated again because we got distracted by work emails. It’s all good. Seriously. It’s all soooooo good. And good for you! Its amazing how good vegetables taste just by adding a little bit of marinara sauce.
Oh and the meatballs. Goodness gracias do not forget the meatballs! These are seriously delicious. And healthy. Look at those pretty little things jam packed full of veggies. Sometimes, we even just eat the meatballs with marinara.
And if you are still not convinced that spaghetti squash is just as good as ‘real’ pasta, these meatballs taste perfectly delicious with the real deal noodles too!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- ½ onion (blended)
- ½ green pepper (blended)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour (or oat flour)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- seat salt + black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425F(F) degrees. Cut both ends off squash then slice through the middle. Scoop out all the seeds with a spoon. Brush olive oil on both sides and place face down on a cookie sheet. Roast for about 40-45 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, mix meat, onion, green pepper, eggs, flour, and seasonings in a large bowl. Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet (lined with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray). Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and serve with prepared spaghetti squash and Newman's Marinara sauce.