If there is one thing to love about football season its football season food. I think in our house we look forward to the food as much as the game! Buffalo chicken anything is pretty popular around here!
So about these Buffalo Chicken Bites. There is just something about the flavor of bold and tangy buffalo sauce that mixes perfectly with creamy cheesiness. It is a combination that tastes just a little bit like heaven. Football heaven.
You can spice these skinny buffalo chicken bites up (or down) however you prefer. If you like really spicy things (like I personally do!) you could add some extra hot sauce and jalapeño slices on top. Bring it on baby! Or if you are a super spicy wimp you could just add some extra crumbled blue cheese on top or serve them with a side of ranch dressing to dip in. Any way you take them, they are the perfect game day snack. Enjoy!
- 2 cups shredded or pulled deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 3-lb chicken)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 24 wonton skins
- Sliced green onion tops, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of the Mexican cheese and the Buffalo wing sauce until well blended.
- Place 1 wonton skin in each muffin cup. Spoon chicken mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake 6 minutes. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the remaining Mexican cheese into each cup. Bake 2 minutes longer or until wontons are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Garnish with green onion tops. Serve warm.