A big bowl of slow cooker chili is the perfect way to warm up a cool crisp day. And goodness knows we get more than our fair share of cool crisp days in Massachusetts. That is probably why crockpot chili tends to be served year round in our households. It never goes out of season.
Plus it is delicious. And healthy. And super simple to make. This recipes serves quite a bit so there should plenty of leftovers to serve over baked potatoes the next day.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 lbs. cooked ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 (28oz) can organic tomato sauce
- 1 (14oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 small yellow onions (diced)
- 2 small zucchinis (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic or garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- sea salt + black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini, onion, and garlic for about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes to skillet and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Place cooked meat and vegetables in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with tomato sauce and chili powder. Mix everything evenly together and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with whatever toppings you prefer.