These Simple Skillet Brussels Sprouts are going to change your life for the better. Yes, Brussels Sprouts. As in the mini cabbage-like vegetables. Those little round and green things you always skim right by in the produce section. It’s ok. We used to skim right by them too.
But this particular recipe is going to change your mind about those sweet little things. The outsides are crispy golden brown while the insides are cooked just enough to be fork tender. Plus they have a mildly sweet flavor that makes it such a versatile side dish. These really go great with just about anything. And they are so tasty even the pickiest of eaters are going to love them. Our families sure did!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Simple Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Author: Simple Green Moms
- 1 lb. fresh (or frozen) brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt/pepper (to taste)
- Preheat stove med-high heat
- In a large skillet add coconut oil and garlic, sautee for 1 minute.
- Add brussels sprouts, lime juice, red pepper powder, salt/pepper (to taste)
- Sautee for at least 10 minutes, turning to make sure they cook evenly.
- Serve immediately.