Gluten Free Mac and Cheese
Today we are going to talk a whole lot of smack about cheese. Er I mean talk a lot about mac and cheese. Yeah that one sounds a little better. Either way. Creamy melted Pepper Jack Mac + Cheese is headed towards your mouth. And fast. Just picture it now in all of its cheesy glory.
Wait. Hold that thought for just a moment. Who turns on their oven in August? Never in our whole lives would have thought to post oven roasted anything in the tail end of summer but I guess that’s what happens when the weather is so super mild here in O-H-I-O. We are talking about tan lines that are almost non existent already.
So back to that picture of creamy goodness dancing around your head and/or mouth right now. Pepper Jack +Mac + Creamy Cheese. All whipped up in a pan of serious yum yum. If this is what happens when a mild summer comes around than so be it. You heard me. So. Be. It.
Macaroni Cheese Recipe
We will gladly wear our sweatshirts in the summertime if leads to this good of cooking. Although we are probably going to regret saying that here in a few months but whatever. We will get there when we get there. Right now all we really want to do is talk a lot more smack about cheese. Er eat a lot more Simple Pepper Jack Mac +Cheese. That last one sounds more like it for sure. Have a great day everyone! =)
Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese Recipe Ingredients
More Simple Gluten Free Recipes
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Brownies
- Perfect Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Perfect Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- 1 (16oz) box of macaroni elbows - we use gluten free
- ½ cup skim milk
- 8 ounces shredded pepperjack cheese
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to box instructions
- Drain pasta in strainer and set aside
- Add butter, milk and cheese to the hot pan
- Stir for a few minutes until it thickens into a sauce
- Add pasta back into pan and stir until evenly combined
- Serve immediately
Onions, garlic, and diced red peppers sauteed in a non-stick skillet for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
Fully cooked crumbled bacon.
You can also add 1 tablespoon of flour to the cheese sauce if you prefer it a little thicker or to blend cheese sauce better.
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.