Simple Homemade Chili Cheese dip is in the house! Well not any more. Good food doesn’t last real long in this house. Especially when it is real food made simple and delicious. Oh – and bubbling with lots of creamy melted cheese. Now that is what its all about friends. The thing is. The only kind of chili cheese dip I ever knew how to make was just a can of no bean chili mixed up with cheese. Yeah that’s embarrassing. So every single time I walk down the canned goods aisle at the grocery store, I have a 10-minute debate with myself whether or not to buy a can of chili.
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese (cut in cubes)
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Once the meat is fully cooked, add in the black beans, salsa and taco seasoning
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes
- Add in the cheese and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes
- Transfer to a serving serving dish or keep it on the stove (on low) to stay warm.