Rice and Beans Recipes
This recipe for Mexican Rice and Beans is super quick and simple. In fact, you can make this for lunch and still have plenty of time left for an afternoon nap.
Mexican Beans Ingredients
- Cooked Rice
- Organic Pinto Beans
- Olive Oil
- Cumin; See our guide to cumin substitute options
- Chili Powder
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
Mexican Beans and Rice Recipe Instructions
Anyways. What you probably want to know is exactly to go about making something this super delicious. All you need to do is add a little bit of olive oil and some fresh salsa to a medium-hot skillet. Essentially, you are going to sauté the salsa.
After a few minutes your house is going to smell delish and your belly will scream FEED ME NOW but be patient. This is going to totally worth the short 15 minute wait. Next you add in a few different spices like paprika + cumin + garlic + chili powder and mix it around real good. Add the beans into the paste and let it all simmer together for about 15 minutes.
Finally, add in the cooked rice and voila! There you have it folks. Simple and super delicious, Mexican Rice and Beans.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Start Your Own Food Blog!
More Simple Mexican Recipes
- 150 Mexican Recipes
- Slow Cooker Mexican Hashbrown Casserole
- Healthy Mexican Rice Bowl
- Crockpot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Super Quick Cheesy Quesadilla
- 2 cups cooked rice (any kind)
- 2 cans (15oz) organic pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¾ cup salsa (fresh or jarred works!)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt + black pepper
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and salsa then saute for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add spices into the skillet and stir until evenly combined. Add beans into the paste then reduce heat to low.
- Let the beans cook for about 15 minutes then add cooked rice. Stir everything together until evenly combined then serve immediately.
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.