These Melted Cheddar Cheese Sticks are one of our favorite appetizers of all favorites. But honestly – what’s not to love about perfectly melted cheese wrapped up in a flavorful crispy coating. And just so you know, these taste exceptionally delicious dunked into a bowl full of chunky marinara sauce.
A company called Nasoya actually sent us a few coupons so we could try their wonton wrappers out for free. Of course we said sure AND we loved them! They were easy to roll up and held together flawlessly. They made the most perfect, flavorful, crispy coating and are a definite must have when we make cheddar cheese sticks again.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 package cheddar cheese sticks (or slice a block of cheese)
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Place each stick of cheddar cheese in center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges of wrappers with egg white then fold wontons in half to form triangle. Fold edges again and roll.
- Press edges of wonton wrappers to seal. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place wontons in skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until wrapper is golden brown.
- Carefully remove wontons from skillet and drain excess oil on paper towels. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.