Besides just pleasing your taste buds, this Low Fat Alfredo Sauce will also please your patience. Because the truth is, you probably already have everything you need to make this creamy goodness. All it takes is a few basic ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time. It is surprisingly so simple. It honestly could not be easier.
And here is another truth, this creamy pasta dish is also gluten free! Not that we have any hard feelings against all-things gluten. But we found this remarkable pasta <at Costco> a few weeks back that’s made from 100% Organic Quinoa. That means not only is it gluten free, but it is also loaded with plant protein, fiber and minerals. Now that is something to get excited about after splurging over the holiday season.
Once you try this simple recipe, you are going to say adios to the processed canned stuff for good. And if you aren’t into the whole pasta thing, hey its ok! This rich and creamy Alfredo Sauce is good on pretty much everything. More specifically – we love to layer it over grilled chicken and roasted veggies.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 (16oz) package of fettuccine (we used gluten free quinoa pasta)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Place rest of ingredients into a high speed blender for about 2-3 minutes or until evenly combined.
- Heat the sauce stove-top or in a microwave safe bowl then pour over prepared fettuccine. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for later use.