This is the absolute best way to make Chipotle Rice. The recipe is spot on perfection.
There was a point in my life when I seriously considered getting a part-time job at Chipotle just so I could learn to make their food. That never happened. Deep down in my heart, I secretly like having Chipotle make the food for me. They know the desires of my heart.
Unfortunately, the closest Chipotle is about 45 minutes from our house. Sad, I know. So we figured out how to make a copy-cat version that would hold us over in between trips. This cilantro-lime rice will not disappoint!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 ¼ cups white basmati rice
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or 2 frozen cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt + black pepper (or more)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Rinse rice with cold water for about 30 seconds. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil then add rice and stir. Turn heat to a medium-high boil, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir rice, cover with lid then cook for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer rice into a large mixing bowl. Stir in olive oil, salt, black pepper, lime, lemon and cilantro.
- Check for taste, and add a little more lemon juice or salt/pepper if needed.