I may have found the perfect summer-time entertaining dish, Greek Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken. We had a few friends over last night for dinner and this dish fed everyone, seconds included, WITH leftovers for lunch today. It was super fast to put together, and it only requires one big bowl. I think we have a winner! It’s about this time every summer when the garden at our house starts to go into turbo mode and we have an abundance of everything. A pretty great problem to have, although we get pretty burned out on the same old salads. I was looking in my fridge yesterday and saw that we had a ton of yellow and red cherry tomatoes, a few cukes, and a red onion. My mind went to a Greek Salad right away, although I was low on lettuce. I decided to scratch the lettuce and just make one big pasta salad with some grilled chicken thrown in. My “accidental” dinner turned out to be super good, not to mention really affordable. I only had to run out to grab some chicken breasts for the grill and some Italian dressing. It’s times like these that I am really thankful that a few miles down the road from my house there is a Stop & Shop grocery store. I know I can get really great, quality, organic ingredients at an affordable price. They even had a Nature’s Promise brand organic Italian dressing. All the flavor and non of the artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. I ended up grabbing some pre-washed spring mix organic lettuce while I was there because, honestly, we go through it really fast and it’s always great to make wraps/salads with dinner leftovers for the lunch. So, as I was saying, this dinner came together really fast. When I got home from Stop & Shop I threw a little of the Nature’s Promise Organic Italian dressing in with the chicken breasts and added some Italian seasoning and a little salt and pepper. I set those aside while my husband started the grill and I prepped the veggies and pasta. I also cut a few bell peppers up and decided to throw those on the grill with the chicken. Seasoned with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, they really added a lot of flavor to the pasta salad. To assemble, I’d suggest grabbing the biggest bowl you have and just start chopping. Drizzle a little dressing in the bowl, then add:
- 1/2 red onion, sliced.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, I used both red and yellow
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 jar of kalamata olives, cut in half (roughly 6 oz)
- 3/4 lb of cooked pasta. I used orecchiette in mine, but any small pasta would work great.
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 pepper, grilled and chopped
- 2-3 small grilled chicken breasts, cut into bit size pieces
At this point, toss everything together and top with more dressing, a little salt and pepper, and some fresh chopped herbs in you have them. I used fresh basil and parsley. A nice touch, but certainly not crucial. And, if you’ll allow me, a little side note about Stop & Shop. I really do love to shop there, and I am always really pleased with the prices. My goal is to shop almost all organic when possible, and Stop & Shop does make it easy to do so. I absolutely love their Nature’s Promise products, and you’ll find my pantry full of them. I feel great about serving them to my family and friends, and I know I don’t have to worry about anything being in there that shouldn’t be. If you’re lucky enough to have a Stop & Shop in your area, go check them out. Load Offers for Nature’s Promise Products To Your Stop & Shop Card Here. Using mobile? Click here to load offers I hope you give this recipe a try….Enjoy!
- 2-3 Natures Promise chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Nature's Promise Italian Dressing
- 2 bell peppers
- 6 oz feta cheese
- ½ small red onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 6 oz kalamata olives
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped basil and parsley (optional)
- Cook ¾ lb pasta to package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- Coat the chicken in dressing, add Italian seasoning and s & p to taste. Preheat grill, and cook until done. Set aside and let rest 10 minutes
- Toss peppers with oil and salt and pepper and grill a few minutes on each side
- In a large bowl, drizzle a generous amount of dressing in the bottom and put in all the rest of the ingredients. Toss well, add more dressing to taste, add chopped herbs and serve.