Easy Roasted Carrots & Potatoes are here to make your life a little easier this holiday season. Actually. These are one of our year round favorites. This is about as good as good gets folks. The most perfect super simple side dish for all of your holiday feasts. Yes plural. We know how these things go. No one honestly eats just one holiday meal. Lame.
So it honestly takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare these carrots and potatoes. Then you just toss the pan in the oven and let the vegetables cook like the little champions they are. Go veggies! The recipe below is a little more of an official formal version, but that is basically how it goes. Prepare to be amazed.
Roasted Carrots and Potatoes
Author: Simple Green Moms
Recipe type: Gluten Free + Paleo + Vegetarian
- 1 lb. bag baby carrots
- 6 small potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Seasonings of choice (we like to use garlic powder and parsley or Italian seasoning)
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place potatoes and carrots in a bowl then drizzle olive oil over it and mix week
- Spread the carrots and potatoes out over the prepared baking sheet
- Sprinkle desired amount of seasonings evenly over the vegetables
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the vegetables are fully cooked
If you are really short on time: place carrots and potatoes in a microwave safe bowl (covered with cling wrap to help them steam) and microwave on high for approximately 5-7 minutes