Hello winter. We are ready for you thanks to this delicious recipe for Crockpot Beef Stew!
It is the perfect make ahead meal to get you through the cold days to come. It is warm. Comforting. And super satisfying. Plus it goes really good with a side of fresh biscuits!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Crockpot Beef Stew
Author: Simple Green Moms
- 2lb. beef roast cut into small chunks (about 2 inch pieces)
- 1lb. bag of carrots (peeled and diced)
- 8-10 medium size potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 small yellow onions (peeled and diced)
- 64oz of tomato juice
- sea salt + black pepper (to taste)
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once meat starts to brown, add in chopped onion, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Transfer beef into a large crockpot then add carrots and potatoes in along with more salt and pepper. Cover the meat and vegetables with tomato juice.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes and carrots are done. Serve with toppings of choice.
After about 6 hours, we like to take a sturdy spoon and stir everything around. It makes the meat, carrots and potatoes fall apart into more of a stew-like texture.
Do you need a new crock pot? Yours not up to the task anymore? Check prices on Amazon before you buy:
(Disclosure, affiliate links)