Chili topped sweet potatoes are the perfect healthy weeknight meal or make-ahead dish to pack for lunch all week long.
It is the perfect combination of sweet + savory and loaded with long lasting energy. The recipe is simple yet satisfying and comes together in no time at all. In fact, you probably have most of the ingredients on hand right now. But if not, you can always swap in and/or out other ingredients to suite your taste.
Hope you Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. cooked ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 (28oz) can organic tomato sauce
- 1 (14oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 small yellow onions (diced)
- 2 small zucchinis (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic or garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- sea salt + black pepper
- 4-8 baked sweet potatoes
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini, onion, and garlic for about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let everything cook together for about 15 minutes. Serve over a baked sweet potato and add any other toppings you prefer.