We dare you to try and think of a better way to start your day then creamy oats topped with fresh blueberries!
Just one serving is super satisfying and full of good-for-you fiber that will keep you energized until lunch. You could even add a dollop of almond butter (or any other nut butter) for extra protein if you wish. My son eats this every morning for breakfast…literally. I usually add a drizzle of organic maple syrup to his and a teaspoon of chia seeds to bump up the nutritional value.
So now it’s official: Blueberry Oatmeal is by far a healthy + delicious way to start your day!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons milk (or cream)
- 2 tablespoons crushed nuts (any kind works!)
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan oven medium heat. Add oats; cook, stirring frequently for 3 to 4 minutes, or until most of water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Transfer oatmeal to a bowl then top with blueberries and nuts. Serve immediately.