Summer mornings were made for this Blueberry French Toast Casserole. Mostly because we loaded this deliciousness up with a couple of special summery additions.
So let’s talk about the obvious addition first. And by obvious, we mean all of those bright purple blueberries starring right at you. We used lots of fresh summer blueberries for this particular batch, but frozen berries work great too!
Secondly, we used an extra special ingredient (spoiler alert – it’s coconut milk) to add in a little extra rich and creamy flavor + texture. This little tiny change made a world of difference! The casserole turned out moist and decadent and absolutely delicious.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 (10 ounce) baguette, sourdough, challah, or similar bread
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Slice bread into small cubes (about 1-inch) then spread in bottom of prepared baking dish. Scatter blueberries over the bread and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the bread and berries and top with coconut flakes if desired. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove prepared baking dish from the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 375(F) and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve immediately.