One of my most favorite things in the world is making a nice meal and having our entire family sit down, all at once, to eat together. There is something about eating a home cooked meal with your loved ones that just makes all of your problems obsolete in that moment.
Especially if everyone likes the meal AND can manage to put their cell phones down during dinner. Now that is a real accomplishment!
This recipe is definitely a go-to for those kind of meals. Everyone gets excited when the kitchen starts smelling like Baked Rotini! The whole fam practically begs to sit down and eat dinner together. It is amazing!
Of course I like to make this dish too because it is simple, delicious and has plenty of servings to go around. This meal is also very easy to chew while talking and/or laughing because let’s face it. That kind of thing happens when the whole family gets together.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- ½ pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 teaspoon diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot cook rotini pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Cook ground turkey or beef in medium skillet until brown.
Add the diced onion, salt and pepper.
Mix in half of the jar of spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl add the browned beef mixture to the drained pasta and
stir in the second half of the of spaghetti sauce.
Pour mixture into a 2 quart baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- In a preheated 425 degree F (230 degree C) oven bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes.