In the words of my two year old munchkin, these No Bake Mini M&M Granola Bars are NUMMY NUMMY! And yes, he speaks in CAPS LOCK when he really likes something. =)
Our kiddos also like to ‘help’ make these because you get to your hands to mix all of the ingredients together. Of course you can use a spoon, but its kind of fun to use your hands and feel like a kid again! Having sticky fingers afterwards is so worth it!
Anyways. The base of the recipe is oats + honey + peanut butter. Then you add in a few extra tasty items and voila. If you have been looking for granola bars that are simple, quick AND satisfying, these are it!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cups crispy rice cereal
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini M&M's
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, and butter into a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute (or until butter is melted). Mix mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in oats and crispy rice cereal until evenly coated.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes in fridge.
- Line a 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil, making sure paper hangs over on either side so you can pull out the granola bars and cut them up with ease.
- Take mixture out of fridge and fold in chocolate chips and mini M&M's then press mixture into the prepared dish.
- Press bars firmly with your hands, so candy doesn't fall out when cutting.
- Let the bars cool for several hours or place in the refrigerator to speed up process.
- Cut into bars and serve! 🙂