- Best Air Cooler Options Reviewed
- Selecting an Air Cooler
- Honeywell 125 Pt. Commercial Indoor/Outdoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
- Honeywell 42 Pt. Indoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler with Remote Control
- NewAir AF-310 Indoor/Outdoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
- SPT SF-614P Evaporative Air Cooler with 3D Cooling Pad
- Lasko 2551 42″ Wind Curve Platinum Cooling Fan
- Honeywell Fresh Breeze Tower Fan with Remote Control
- Wooboo Mini Cooli 5th generation Mini Portable USB Rechargeable HandHeld Air Conditioner
Best Air Cooler Options Reviewed
Whenever you are cooking in the kitchen, it is bound to heat up, especially in the summer time. Even when the air conditioner is going full-speed, it can still feel like a heat wave in the kitchen. That is why many cooks are turning to the use of small air coolers. These small fans and air coolers can cool the room off fast, and they don’t take up too much space in the kitchen.
Not only will they provide relief from the heat, they are highly energy efficient. So, using one can also keep your air conditioning bill down. And since many of them work just as well outside, you can even use your fan for outdoor grilling and barbecues. We reviewed the options and selected the 7 best air coolers.
Selecting an Air Cooler
When choosing an air cooler or fan, look for one with multiple settings that allow you to control the temperature. Also, check to see if it reaches far enough to cover the room. These air coolers and fans all have great features that will help cool things off in your kitchen this summer so you stay comfortable while cooking for your family.
Honeywell’s Commercial Portable Evaporative Air Cooler will keep the kitchen a comfortable temperature while you cook. It is strong enough to cool the room, yet small enough that it doesn’t take up too much space in the kitchen. This air cooler’s top features are:
- Can be used indoors, but durable enough for use outside as well.
- Cools the room naturally with its powerful motor and non-compressor system.
- It cools indoor rooms up to 850 square feet.
- For outdoor use, it has an air-throw up to 12 yards.
This Portable Evaporative Air Cooler from Honeywell comes with a convenient remote control so that you can easily control your climate. It also has a top-loading ice compartment and 5.3-gallon water tank. Not only is it designed to be easy to use, it is also very energy efficient. It’s most notable features include:
- Easy to use LED electronic control panel.
- Oscillating louvers that evenly distribute air throughout the room.
- Includes four speeds: high, medium, low, and sleep.
- Ability to adjust the humidification level.
NewAir’s Portable Evaporative Air Cooler for indoor and outdoor use works extremely well in hot climates with low humidity. This air cooler performs like three appliances in one. It works as a cooler, fan, and humidifier. Plus, it comes as a tall, slim air cooler with a space-saving design.
- 60 degrees of oscillating air circulation up to 100 square feet.
- It has a water-level indicator so you know when to refill it.
- Includes a remote control and 7.5-hour timer.
- Extremely energy efficient.
The SPT Evaporative Air Cooler has a unique and durable design. It is treated with special agents that prevent it from rotting, or growing bacteria and algae. Plus, it cools efficiently without the high energy cost of an air-conditioner. It has many great features such as:
- A 3D honeycomb cooling pad.
- Quiet, whisper motor.
- Three different fan modes: normal, natural, and sleep.
- Removable and washable dust filter.
The Lasko Wind Curve Platinum Cooling Fan is a tall, slender, three-speed oscillating fan. It fills the room with a gentle breeze and tucks away quietly in a corner. So, it doesn’t get in the way while you are cooking. This fan’s best features include:
- Tall, curved profile allows for maximum air distribution.
- Includes an energy-saving timer with auto shut-off feature.
- Adjustable louvers that allow you to control air flow direction.
- Features a remote control that can be stored in the back of the fan.
The Honeywell Fresh Breeze Tower in Black is a tall, sleek tower fan that provides fresh, clean air throughout the room. Plus, it has an ionizer that filters common allergens such as dust and pollen.
- Tilted head technology for directional cooling.
- Powerful turbo-wind generator to move more air.
- Remote control with a built-in flashlight and a programmable thermostat.
- Electronic LCD display and three different speed options.
Wooboo’s Mini Portable Air Conditioner is a handheld device that is ideal for outdoor cooking or any other time you need a fan close by. It has a built-in battery and comes with a USB cable so you can easily recharge it for its next use. This little fan’s top features are:
- Portable and lightweight so you can take it anywhere.
- Has a unique double-cooling mode feature.
- Easy to clean, operate, and carry.
- Comes with a 1400MAH battery.
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.