Here is the thing about marinades. The flavor blast you get from marinating things is great. Fantastic. Delicious. But when you are hungry, you are hungry right now, not in 17 zillion hours after the marinade has done its thing (aka marinate.) Heck, sometimes when you are hungry, waiting even one singular hour is just non-optional. Making these 30 Minute Kickin Chicken Kabobs would be absolutely perfect during times like those.
This meal is perfect any night of the week. It takes no time (well…30 minutes) and if you happen to have any leftovers (not likely) those are great the next day too!
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts
- ½ cup Frank’s RedHot Original
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ Cup lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt / pepper to season chicken
- 1 onion cut into large chunks
- 6-8 (approx.) wood skewers (dipped in water for 1 hour)
- Preheat oven at 425
- Cut up chicken breasts into square chunks for skewers
- Cut up onion also into large chunks
- Place chicken into a large bowl and add Frank's ReHot, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper
- Insert one piece of chicken, one piece of onion and continue until skewer is full
- Repeat until all skewers are used
- Place chicken skewers on a cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes, turning if desired, once
- Remove chicken skewers and serve with rice or your favorite side!