Oh my Apple Dumplings. This is going to rock your world.
Now before you go running straight to the kitchen to make this, just take a brief moment to soak in one little thing: TWO INGREDIENTS. Like whoa-ho-ho-ho happy holidays to you friends. This simple dessert is brought to you today by the sweet cinnamon filled flavors of apple pie baked into perfection. You can thank us later.
We firmly believe you should love the food you eat. And we LOVED this. It was gone in one day. And by one day, what we really mean is that it was gone within a few hours. Come on now you know how this goes. A little bite here, a little bite there, a few more bites after lunch and it was gone. The whole thing. Like poof!
And one more thing before you go off on some kind of extravagant cooking adventure, please take note that as much as we love cooking (and by we – I mean Joan loves cooking), we also love to enjoy the holidays therefore this extravagant TWO ingredient recipe literally takes TWO minutes to prepare. Told you these Apple Dumplings were going to rock your world.
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 1 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees
- In a oven safe pan, spray bottom and sides with butter cooking spray
- Cut up biscuits into small pieces (I use kitchen scissors) and place loosely in pan
- Put apple pie filling over the top and mix in with biscuits
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes
- Top will be crispy and brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whip cream.